Bisha Copper-Zinc Mine
Bisha Copper-Zinc Mine
Bisha Zinc-Copper Mine
Bisha Copper-Zinc Mine
Bisha Copper-Zinc Mine
  • Location
  • Ownership
  • Project status
    In operation
  • Deposit Type
  • Mineral Resources (Inclusive of Mineral Reserves)
    Contained zinc of 3.09Mt with grade of 3.75%, copper of 800kt with grade of 0.97%
  • Mining & Processing methods
    Open-pit mining + flotation
  • 2022 Production
    Mined Zinc: 121kt; Mined Copper: 17kt
  • Project Overview

    The project is the largest producing zinc mine in Eritrea, with an annual mining capacity of 2.4 million tonnes.

  • Debottlenecking and Expansion

    Infrastructure construction for the Asheli Underground Mining Project is well underway.

  • M&A

    Zijin Mining completed the acquisition of a 60% interest in the Bisha copper-zinc mine in 2019. Currently, Zijin Mining holds a 55% interest in the mine, while the Eritrean National Mining Corporation (ENAMCO) holds the remaining 45%.